Monday, June 8, 2009

Techology...IT'S ALL AROUND ME!


I've basically lived under a rock until I hit grade six.

My parents didn't feel the need to hook up the Internet for me until I was twelve and I've never heard of a discman since then either. Interestingly now, I own a cellphone, a mp3, USBs, television, computer...as well as other various gadgets that help me live my life easier. With owning these devices, I've also learned to operate these gadgets, like downloading music, surfing the net, saving files....etc. Overall, I love techology and I wouldn't know where I'd be without it.
For instance, recently, I've lost my USB. I was SOOOO aware of where it was that day and I frequently checked to see if it was with me. At the point where I realized I lost it, I was devestated.
Pictures of my grade eight graduation and all my work from grade nine to ten was on it and now...I'll never see it again. Techology has such a huge impact in my life that I've decided not to print out my picture files but to save them on USBs...leading to the lost of all my pictures and work. If I hadn't relied on USBs so much, I would at least still have copies of my pictures. Proving that techonology has its downfalls.
People are beinging to depend more and more on techology which makes us extremley dependent on this new trend.
Can our society live like this in the future? Only time will tell.

No comments: