Thursday, May 14, 2009

Excuse Me While I Answer My Phone...


Cellphones are become more and more common throughout our lives.
Students are constantly texting each other in class and we have grown accustomed to life with our cellular devices. I sometimes even feel lost without my cellphone when I've left mine at home.
I do admit to have used my cell at school, during class, to find my friends or to give them the latest piece of gossip, because they're so CONVENIENT. ;)

It's a mind-blowing fact at how society has grown so attached and accustomed to our portable phones.
I think teenagers have grown so accustomed to others and themselves using their cellphones around them that we no longer find it rude. Teenagers don't find that it's a 'big deal' compared to our parents, perhaps because they were less exposed to technology when they were younger. As we grow more accustomed to how people are using their cell phones around us, we become less aware of how rude it really is and pretty soon, we end up doing it ourselves.
I find there is an appropriate place and time to whip out our cell phones, for example, in emergencies and important situations. The surroundings and environment of where one uses their cellphone is the most important factor in cellphone etiquette.


FIVE RULES NECESSARY RULES TO FOLLOW WHILE USING CELLPHONES:


  1. Always check if you're in an appropriate environment. [ie. Libraries and doctor's offices are not appropriate areas to chat away on cellphones.]

  2. Turn off your cellphone if you think you will get distracted.

  3. Do not talk too loud, resulting in disturbing the people around you.

  4. Make sure you're not ignoring anyone around you.

  5. Only use phone in case of emergency or if expecting important calls.

1 comment:

ChickaChickaya said...

yay ! horray!
-chickachickawashere